2 large russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch strips
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Soak cut fries in water for half an hour; drain and pat dry with paper towels or a clean kitchen towel. (Do not skip this step—it helps yield fries with crunchy exteriors and soft fluffy interiors.)
3. Place fries on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and toss with vegetable oil. Spread the fries in an even layer, making sure they are not touching each other (touching means they will steam instead of roast).
4. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Using a spatula, toss the fries and spread them out evenly once again on the sheet pan. Roast for another 15 minutes.
5. Once suitably crispy and golden brown, remove from the oven and sprinkle with salt to taste.