This classic hors d’oeuvre is as simple as it gets—just two ingredients—and it’s always a crowd pleaser.
2 cans, crescent roll dough, such as Pillsbury (bonus points if you use Sweet Hawaiian dough)
1 package mini beef hotdogs, such as Hillshire Farms Lit’l Smokies
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce, for serving
Ketchup, such as Heinz, for serving
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Open the first can of crescent roll dough onto a cutting board. Separate the dough triangles, then cut each in half, creating 16 triangles.
3. Wrap each triangle around a mini hotdog, allowing the ends of the hotdogs to be exposed. Place the wrapped hotdogs on the baking sheets.
4. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with the second can of crescent roll dough and the remaining mini hotdogs.
5. Bake for 13 minutes, or until the dough is golden and beginning brown. Serve immediately with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce and ketchup.
Makes 32 servings