My husband loves chocolate chip muffins…but he loves these s’mores muffins even more. My son agrees. They are so decadent, they could be served as a dessert.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp table salt
1 1/2 cups low fat yogurt (Greek, plain, or vanilla flavored are all fine options)
2 extra-large eggs
3 Tbsp instant coffee granules
8 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2/3 cup milk chocolate morsels
2/3 cup white chocolate morsels
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line the cups of a muffin pan with liners, or spray them with cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to combine. Make a well in the center of the ingredients.
3. In a large measuring cup or medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk the yogurt, eggs, and granulated coffee until combined.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine.
5. Add the melted butter and stir to incorporate.
6. Mix in the chocolate morsels until evenly distributed.
7. Using an ice cream scoop, distribute the batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
9. Allow the muffins to cool in the muffin pan for ten minutes, then transfer them to a wire cooling rack. Serve The muffins warm or at room temperature.
Makes 12 muffins