This refreshing beverage is perfect for a mid-day pick-me-up, or for tailgating during the hot days early in the football season.
4 green tea bags
4 cups boiling water
4 cups mango juice
1. Steep the tea bags in 4 cups boiling water for 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags and allow the brewed tea cool to room temperature.
2. Combine the brewed tea and mango juice in a large pitcher and stir thoroughly.
3. Chill the green tea-mango mixture for a few hours. When you’re ready to drink it, stir it once more (the mango pulp will have settled), then pour it into tall glasses over ice. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Makes 8 cups
1. Fill tall glasses or mason jars halfway with ice cubes.
2. Add 1-2 ounces of your rum of choice to the glass, then fill the glass with the green tea-mango mixture. Stir to combine, garnish as desired, and serve immediately.